Trash the Dress: 20 of the Most Outrageous Photos
“Trash the dress”, also known as “fearless bridal” or “rock the frock”, is a style of wedding photography that contrasts elegant bridal clothing with a setting that is out of place.
Allegedly this trend started around 2001, courtesy of wedding photographer, John Michael Cooper. Although, with the average wedding dress costing $1,211, it’s hard to imagine why a bride would want to demolish a dress that many believe is the most important dress of a woman’s life.
These brides might just want to render the dress unwearable in the future, because, let’s face it, it’s not going to be worn ever again anyway. Another theory is that brides are hoping to “stick it” to the wedding industrial complex. Either way, we have decided to hunt down some of the more outrageous photos of brides trashing their dresses, simply for your viewing pleasure!
20. They say love is journey but they didn’t say it was by train…
19. Because your life needs a little more color.
18. Or a lot more color?
17. All that sand cannot be…comfortable.
16. Pillow fight?
15. I feel like I can smell this picture…
14. Ariel? Are you going back?!
13. Sticken to her roots! Boots n’ all!
12. Not in the face… jeez!
11. This actually looks fun.
10. I feel sorry for the snow.
9. Ahhhh frostbite!
8. I don’t know how I feel …
7. They’re enjoying that a bit too much..
6. OKAY – WHAT!?
4. Was this planned?!
3. Again?! Is this real?!
2. Okay, girl… clean yo self.
1. There’s just something very scary about this…