Social Media Marketing and B2B in 2014
Social Media facilitates customer acquisition and retention. A good social media marketing strategy promotes credibility and professionalism of the brand. It also offers tremendous potential for networking.
In 2013 Social media returned incredible benefits for B2B. So, armed with facts and figures from studies conducted over the past year, we’ve decided to update our 2013 infographic to cater to the marketing realities of 2014.
Top 5 Social Media Sites of 2013
These are all core social media sites.
Social Media Advertising will see explosive growth in 2014 and beyond.
Spending on native social advertising in the US was $2.4 billion in 2013, up 71,4% over 2012. Worldwide, the increase in social network advertising went up 37,3% in 2013 compared to 2012.
Social Media adoption by B2B Businesses in 2013
LinkedIn has moved from second place to join first with Facebook as the most preferred B2B social network.
- 47% of B2B marketers say they actively use LinkedIn
- 83% of marketers prefer to use LinkedIn for distributing B2B content
- 57% of B2B companies say they improved sales through LinkedIn
Top 5 Marketing Goals
- 82% Brand awareness
- 74% Lead Generation
- 71% Customer acquisition
- 68% Thought leadership
- 64% Engagement
Why Social Media is important
There are several benefits of Social Media marketing for B2B companies.
- 85% Generating Business Exposure
- 69% Increasing traffic
- 65% Providing marketplace insight
Why B2B Businesses need Social Media
- Brand awaraness
- Lead generation
- To increase trust
- Thought leadership
- Customer retention
Social Media tips for 2014
- Use social listening strategies
- Build a dedicated social media team
- Integrate your Email and Social Media Marketing