Social Media Facts and Statistics for 2016
As we continue to dive further into 2016, the social aspect of technology moves right along with us. 2015 was a big year in the tech world, so what can we expect as far as social media facts and statistics for 2016? You guessed, more social, for both online and mobile engagement… for everything!
Before we shift to 2016, let’s familiarize ourselves with this past year. Take a look at the stats below which shows the number of users for these popular social media websites in 2015.
According to Digital Media Sapiens, a top social media marketing agency all the way from Dubai, below we can see the anticipated number of users in 2016 for some of these same top social media sites, in addition to other top contenders.
As we can see, Facebook is still leading the pack when it comes to number of overall users. Surprisingly the first runner up for 2016 is YouTube.
Now that we have some insights as far as the year’s most popular social media platforms and apps. Let’s learn some social media facts and statistics for 2016.
1. According to Statistica, the number of global social media users is expected to reach 2.5 billion in 2018.
2. According to Pew Research Center, 90% of adults age 18 to 29 use social media.
3. The following apps are ranked as percentages as it relates to level of “importance” to teen and young adult users. (Mary Meeker)
4. The average user of social media typically manages five social media accounts, according to Link Humans.
5. Also according to Link Humans, social media is a widely used outlet for developing countries when it comes to obtaining information and news regarding surrounding countries.
6. The following are the top social media platforms that companies plan on investing more advertising into in 2016, shown as percentages: (Media Post)
7. According to We Are Social Media, 71% of women are active on social media, compared to 62% of men.
8. 189 million of Facebook’s users are mobile only users. (We Are Social Media)
9. Every second, two new users join LinkedIn. (We Are Social Media)
10. Of small business owners that use social media, 92% of them believe that social media marketing is important for their business. (Business2Community)
There we have it, I bet some of those social media facts and statistics shocked you.
All in all, it is clear that the high level of engagement and user dependency on social media will not be decreasing anytime soon.
My advice to you? If you are aiming to send a message or advertise a product and you CAN’T do it on mobile or social media platforms, you may want to rethink your strategy.
As far into the near future as we can see, social media is the word, you best use it if you want to be heard. Yes, I threw a rhyme in there, but it’s true!