Instagram Caption Ideas
You have taken the photo, edited it to perfection, even enhanced the coloring to highlight your best features, so now what? Well, you know them, you’ve read them, sometimes you’ve even questioned them, yep, Instagram captions, and in this case Instagram caption ideas!
Let’s face it, with all the hard work and dedication that is put into capturing the perfect photo these days, we can’t deny that coming up with the caption itself is half the battle.
When it comes to creating that perfect caption, there is a lot to be considered. For some of us social media gurus (myself included) the home-run Instagram caption completes the post!
So, let’s talk ideas, we have broken a few Instagram caption ideas down into 4 categories. These categories are all different, but one in the same in the way that they make for clever caption ideas! Have at it!
1. Song Lyrics
Nothing hits home like the infamous words to a hallmark tune that everyone knows. While looking at your photo, your followers may be sent back to a happy time when they were also listening to that tune, okay… that won’t happen every time, but still, everyone loves music. Blast it!
- When your just being silly with the girls: “We’re happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time” – Taylor Swift
- When your posing with bae, but feeling edgy: “Somethin ’bout you, makes me feel like a dangerous woman” – Ariana Grande
- When you’re embracing your own mystery: “Darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream” – Taylor Swift
- When your feeling hopeful: “Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart” – Eli Young Band
- When your over everyone: “Wake me up when it’s all over” – Avicii
- When its summertime: “I’m a little drunk on you, and high on summertime” – Luke Bryan
- When you post with that one friend over and over again: “Anotha One” DJ Khaled
2. Self Humor
Self humor is a clever way for Instagram-ers to say, “here’s my photo, but I didn’t care enough to make a caption, or I really just couldn’t think of one.” If you ask me, we could all use a bit of this carefree mindset occasionally. Take a look at some of our favorite self humor and sarcastic Instagram caption ideas!
- “Insert clever caption here”
- “Me trying to do something cool”
- “My friends and I eating ridiculously good french fries” (writing simply what’s happening)
- “I couldn’t think of a caption for this.”
- “No caption necessary”
3. Famous Sayings
Our third category is surefire. Who doesn’t like to feel educated or occasionally challenged by a fascinating quote or popular saying, give your followers inspiration through your captions. Perhaps a popular poem, quote, or everyday saying. This is what we mean:
- “Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.”
- “Every blonde needs a brunette best friend.”
- “One is never over dressed nor under dressed in a little black dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Just keep swimming.” – Dory
- “Partner in Crime, otherwise known as “P.I.C”
- “Trust me you can walk home, love wine”
- “12 years later … ” – Spongebob narrator
- “How lucky I am to have something so hard to say goodbye too.”
- “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
- “The best is yet come.”
- “When you live like us, once is enough.”
The last contender on our list of Instagram caption ideas is, drum roll please… emojis! Ah yes, if it isn’t the best way we ever spoke our minds without the use of words. When you are looking for a fast and simple caption, use an emoji. It’s easy and gets the message across. Yes, emojis can also accompany any written caption as an additive, but they are more than capable of standing on their own. Here are some of our suggestions, among hundreds of available emoji options:
- Holiday emojis – ghost, pumpkin, Christmas tree, Santa, snowman,
- Vacation emojis – palm trees, fruit, tropical drink, sun, ocean, seashell, flowers
- Sports emojis – sports equipment, trophy
- Food and Beverage emojis – wine glass, snacks, candy, ice cream, beer cheers, pizza
- Mood emojis – facial expressions
- Girly emojis – lipstick, bikini, red heel, dress, diamond ring, purse, painted nails
- Achievement emojis – trophy, graduation cap, kings crown, medal, briefcase
- Animal emojis – puppies, kittens, teddy bears, pigs, bunnies
There you have it. We hope you have found our list of Instagram caption ideas helpful! There’s nothing left to do now but post!