How to Use Instagress [With Video Explainer]
In this blog we’re going to tell you how to use Instagress, one of the most popular programs for automated Instagram actions. Instagress is perfect for liking, commenting, and following people suited to your business. This is a sure-fire way of attracting attention to your Instagram profile.
A step-by-step of how to use Instagress:
The Instagress set-up process can be divided into 10 simple steps.
Select What You Want to Do
First, either turn off or on the four actions available on Instagress: Likes, Comments, Follows, Unfollows.
Check the boxes if you would like to target by:
- Tags – like or comment on media with specific tags.
- Locations – like or comment on media with specific locations.
- Followers – follow users who follow specific usernames selected by you.
- Followings – follow users followed by specific usernames selected by you.
- Likers – follow users who have liked the media of the usernames selected by you.
- Commenters – follow users who have commented on the media of the usernames selected by you.
If you would like to target your own followers select “My Account” or “All,” as opposed to selecting just “Usernames.”
Control the speed at which your Instagram account generates activity.
Activity Speed Options: Slow, Normal, Fast, Custom.
For custom, specify how many actions you would like Instagress to complete in the following areas:
- Delay range (50% delay recommended for low rates)
Set customized filters for the type of media that you would like to interact with. These categories are customizable:
- Media age (how long ago the media was posted)
- Media type (photos videos)
- Minimum and maximum likes (only interact with media that has a certain amount of existing likes)
- Min and maximum comments (only interact with media that has a certain amount of existing comments)
- Minimum and maximum followers (only interact users that have a certain amount of existing followers)
- Min and maximum followings (only interact with users that have a certain amount of existing followings)
- User relation (choose if you would like your account to interact with your followers or your followings and their media)
- User profile (prevent interaction with inappropriate or unwanted users)
- Gender (new!)
- Tag + Tag (Instagress will check media from tags and will ignore items that do not have any other tags from your tags list)
- Location + Tag (Instagress will check media from locations and will ignore items that do not have any tags from your tags list)
- Username + Tag (Instagress will check media from usernames and will ignore items that do not have any tags from your tags list
Note, some content for these filters will be specified in future steps. See steps #6-8.
Instagress will create a series of example comments that will be left on media from your account. Add any additional comments that you would like to be included in the list of approved comments, emojis available!
Set Follow and Unfollow settings
Follow – choose a number of follows that you would like Instagress to complete before transitioning into unfollow mode.
- Customize if you would like to allow Instagress to follow the same users after unfollowing them and/or if you would like/not like to follow private users.
Unfollow Source – Important – select “Instagress” from drop down menu so that Instagress only unfollows users that were followed by the Instagress service (aka – Instagress will not unfollow users that you want to keep following)
- Check the box if you would like Instagress to unfollow users that do not follow back.
- Choose a number of unfollows that you would like Instagress to complete
Steps #6-8 will reflect the filters that were set-up during step #3
If you would like to utilize tags as a media source, create tags (hashtags) that you would like to follow. Users can set up to 1,000 tags.
If you would like to utilize location as a media source, set locations that you would like to follow. Users can set up to 100 locations.
If you would like to utilize existing usernames (celebrities for example) as a media source, set usernames that you would like target. Users can set up to 100 usernames.
Create blacklists for tags, usernames, and keywords if there is specific media content that you would like to skip interaction with.
Set limits for: likes, comments, follows, and unfollows, meaning. When this many (of each) is complete, Instagress will stop automatically.
REMEMBER: When setting up Instagress, there are certain features are only accessible with specific packages. Hover over the question mark next to each feature on Instagress to find out more.