Social Media networks have taken the internet by storm. They are the most frequented and engaged sites online. Naturally, the next realm for social media is Apps. Not just Instagram and Snapchat, but crowd-sourcing and community based apps for all walks of life and interests. A large topic in sharing is food – pictures of what we cooked or ordered at a restaurant, so on and so forth. So, what if we want to try that food for ourselves? Where do we go? That is where FoodSpotting comes into play.
Foodspotting is a visual guide to good food and where to find it. Instead of reviewing restaurants, you can recommend great dishes and see what others recommend wherever you go.
How it Works
To find great dishes:
- Look up your location or move & scan the map to fine tune it.
- Find your favorite restaurant to see what foodspotters & friends love there.
- Search for a particular dish that you’re craving by name (noodles) or type (red velvet).
- Follow friends and experts like Chow or Travel Channel to see what they love.
- Bookmark foods you “Want” to try and recommend dishes you’ve “Tried” and “Loved.”
To share great dishes:
- Share a great dish by uploading a photo or simply saying you “Loved it!”
- Connect Instagram and tag your photos #foodspotting. Be sure to include location!
- Keep track of what you want, try and love and organize dishes using Guides.
- Become a dish expert by spotting 5 or more foods in the same category.
- Earn reputation points for making quality contributions to the community.
What is Foodspotting?
IT’S ABOUT DISHES
Discover nearby dishes, find whatever you’re craving & see what’s good at any restaurant.
It makes finding good food as easy as looking in a bakery window.
Keep track of the dishes you try and vote up the dishes you love.
Bookmark dishes you want to try and hide the ones you don’t.
See what friends and experts, like the Travel Channel, love wherever you go.
You can learn more about this personalized picture menu for dishes at Foodspotting.com and follow Foodspotting on Twitter and Facebook.