- cmelakigor on Social Media Tips From Donald Trump
- Social Media Trends 2014 – hin zum Illustrierten on Social Media in 2014? Visuals, Photos and Videos will rule the Web!
- ElenaDariya1 on The Do’s and Don’ts of Online Dating
- A Super Positive Social Network: Connect on “Journey” | infopunk.org on A Super Positive Social Network: Connect on “Journey”
- arun on How Can Social Media Affect Teens?
Social Media Trends in 2014
With the new year just around the corner, we want to give you a glimpse into social media trends and shifts that are going to take place in 2014.
Here are the most notable ones!
- Visual Social Media. Read our article about it!
- Increasing social media platforms. Especially Google+ will become really big. As G+ is a Google platform, G+ posts will be more frequently displayed in the search results. So being active on Google+ will mean SEO! Two other platforms that will become bigger are Pinterest and LinkedIn. So be sure to maintain a good LinkedIn profile! And as far as for Pinterest, this should be no surprise seen the fact that 2014 will be all about visual content – and that’s pretty much what Pinterest is about as well, right?
- Embrace your ‘fan-dom‘. Engage with your fans and give them the appropriate tools to get your content out on social media and do basically most of the marketing for you!
- Paid advertising will become more important for businesses. As Facebook’s algorithm prevents to show each and every post on your follower’s timeline, it’s important to find a way that your followers do see each and every one of them. How else can they share as much as possible? Paid advertising will make all your posts pop up in the feed.
The last big trend we’ll see in 2014 is that engagement will be far more important than the amount of followers. How much of your posts your followers share and comment on is of much more value than having a bunch of followers that don’t do anything for you. So make sure to post valuable content with the right picture (well, short-video’s will be preferred in 2014!)
2014 is set to be a big year for Social Media – users are more savvy with advertising across all platforms, and markets are heavily self-segmented. Businesses need to know more about what their followers want to see, and how they’re sharing it. It’s no longer purely about quantity of content, but quality is even more important than ever!
What are your 2014 Social Media predictions? Let us know in the comments below!