Leaping tall buildings in a single bound not required…but it couldn’t hurt
As the Marketing Coordinator at the hotel you will manage social networks/review sites (exp. Facebook, Twitter, Trip Advisor and Instagram), and engagement-driving content production including posts, reputation management and customer service. You will assist the Director of Marketing with their efforts in Content Creation, Public Relations, and General Marketing efforts on behalf of the hotel.
You’ll be part of a team building incredible and relevant content, marketing campaigns and promotions as well as a social footprint that will express Virgin Hotels’ essence, tone of voice, engage visitors with insightful and thought-provoking content and help us turn fans, followers and readers into leads and customers.
Okay…sounds really interesting but exactly what will I be doing?
- Day-to-day management of social media accounts.
- Planning and management of content calendar, including topics, author scheduling, and multimedia creation.
- Plan, implement, manage, coordinate and execute social media programs & initiatives
- Write, post and promote content that encourages customer participation & community engagement within and outside the hotel.
- Respond immediately and on brand to customer’s issues, and complaints across all our social media channels as well as external channels such as Trip Advisor, Google, etc.…
- Understand our brand, products and customers to ensure content meets the marketing strategy and reflects the brand.
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional and cross-department groups in order to develop and optimize content that meets deadlines.
- Ensures consistent message, tone, voice and proper grammar and spelling across all content and communication created.
- Develops and communicates content calendar so that team knows what content is being published when. Creates and maintains content resource library for use across the marketing and sales process.
- Develop and build relationships with key online influencers (e.g. widely followed Bloggers, users with a large number engagement) to support social media goals. This includes managing relationships with 2nd and 3rd tier social media users.
- Identify, interpret, monitor and capitalize on social media trends as well as provide new social media strategy recommendations.
- Work with Virgin Hotels brand PR agency in ideation, and execution of traditional PR strategy.
- Work with the Director Marketing in creating email marketing campaigns and maintaining database management of the CRM system. Study analytics and sentiment to properly guide the hotels strategy for optimal results.
- Develop and maintain accurate and current social tracking systems. Analyze, report, and develop recommendations for optimizing strategies and tactics. Assist Director of Marketing with reports that they are required to generate.
- Attend and contribute ideas in monthly and weekly content calls, F&B marketing meetings and public relations calls.
- Assist the Director of Marketing in reviewing digital and printed creative pieces and ensure they match brand guidelines.
- Assist Director of Marketing with quarterly action plans for Rooms and Food & Beverage.
What qualities are we looking for?
You got skills? If you are able to perform the following, then you have come to the right place…
- Great team player with the ability create excellent working relationships across the group. Collaborative approach with all departments, particularly food & beverage and of course, the sales & marketing and entertainment/events team.
- Ability to break down barriers and resolving potential conflicts swiftly and effortlessly
- Strong communication and presentation skills to all levels of management
- Creativity and innovation are essential!
- Ability to think outside the box and approach all issues with a completely fresh approach
- Ability to anticipate needs and over deliver wherever possible
- Candidates must think on their feet and use their initiative to solve problems and deliver solutions
- Excellent customer relations, communication, presentation and organization skills of utmost importance
- Comply with all safety and health department procedures, as well as, all state and federal liquor laws.
- Able to change direction and work on multiple project aspects at once
- Enthusiastic, passionate, able to enthuse and motivate others
- Behavior consistent with Virgin Hotels Core Values: Fun, innovative, original and personable, and striving to deliver high quality and brilliant customer service
- Current, legal and unrestricted ability to work in the United States
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working with social media / digital marketing
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with clients, guests, vendors, teammates/management, in person, in writing and on the telephone
- Proficient computer knowledge.
Just like you communicate through your smart phone via text, social media or an actual phone conversation, please communicate directly with the Director Marketing regarding your work schedule, daily work tasks and responsibilities as well as general work-related issues. Face-to-face conversation is preferred of course!