The Real News Network is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. Our news operation is based in Baltimore, from where we produce daily news pieces with a global focus. Our stories are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising or funding from governments or corporations.
The Producer of Social Media will provide one-on-one mentorship and supervision to help interns maximize their educational experience. (Where possible, The Real News will provide assistance to interns requesting academic or work-study credit.) The Internship program is offered in three sessions per year with 3-5 intern placements each session. Interns will be working with our Social Media Department.
Internships are unpaid, 10-15 hours per week, temporary work placements to help people in school, people who are just finishing school and people starting a new career to gain valuable skill sets and experience in the following fields of social media, outreach, and fundraising, in a non-profit setting. All internships take place at our Baltimore studio where we produce the show.
Internship Session Dates:
* February 2015 – May 2015 (Deadline February 1st, 2015)
* June 2015 – September 2015 (Deadline May 15th, 2015)
* October 2015 – January 2016 (Deadline September 15th, 2015)
Guidelines for Application:
* Candidates may only apply once per session.
* Send a one-page resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please address these questions:
1. How did you discover The Real News?
2. What are your goals in seeking out this internship?
3. What makes you a good candidate for this internship?
* Online research for content distribution
* Best practices for social media
* Develop social media strategy
* Develop design strategy
* Edit videos for youtube, instagram, facebook, ect.
* High school diploma, GED or equivalent
* Enrolled in a college or university
Skills and Experience:
* Strong Communication Skills
* Basic Video Editing Skills
* Graphic Design Skills is a plus
* Creative Thinking Skills
* Strong organizational and team communication skills is a must
* Problem Solving Skills
* Oriented to and motivated by success
* Energetic and outgoing, thoughtful listener, excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to work proactively and independently.
* The ability to manage multiple projects/responsibilities at once.
* Tech savvy
* Handles Rejection
* Own laptop and cell phone.
* Able to focus, be a good listener
* Attention to Detail
* Authorization to work in the US
Note: Due to the volume of applications received, you will only be contacted if you are selected for an interview. No mail submissions or phone calls please. The Real News is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please send your application to email@example.com