If you are passionate about developing and delivering a premier consumer experience by delivering the best software available, BMW has an opportunity that you will not want to pass up. We have several foundational projects underway and more coming, to significantly improve the connected driving experience for our fleet. You get the chance to join in at the early stages, work on v1 products, and materially shape the consumers experience in this unchartered new territory.
We are pleased to offer a summer internship position starting in May 2017 at BMW Technology Corporation in Chicago, IL.
This role will be responsible for conducting social media research and analysis of our BMW Connected App and BMW ConnectedDrive Brand using various quantitative and statistical methods. The intern will be responsible for developing and delivering data driven insights from social media by using our social media software platform, Meltwater. The duration of the internship is targeted at 12 weeks and will involve the following responsibilities:
* Work with marketing and product organization to identify conversational topics related to mobile apps serving the connected drive ecosystem. Topics will include competitive solutions, ecosystem developments and consumer
* Build and maintain social media dashboard report to provide marketing and product management with weekly summaries regarding social media conversations.
* Curate social media data and prepare user comments for text analysis in R.
* Build and execute SQL queries to analyze and retrieve information from corporate databases
* Distribute weekly social media reports for leadership, marketing and product teams providing insight into connected drive applications as discussed through social media including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Forums and Blogs
* Present findings to marketing, product managers and leadership as required.
The output from this internship will provide the organization with analysis on how consumers perceive our digital services as well as those of competitive offerings.
What are you waiting for.jump into the driver’s seat and apply for the Social Media Analyst Internship today!
- Pursuing B.S. or higher in Statistics, Predictive Analytics, Information Science, Mathematics or equivalent; target graduation date in 2017 or May 2018.
- Formulate complex Boolean Search Queries.
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization using R, Qlikview, PowerBI, Excel, or Tableau.
- Experience in Information Sciences.
- Statistical analysis techniques such as ANOVA.
BMW Technology Corporation
170000SWPosted by StartWire