Let’s be real social media gurus, an interesting Instagram bio is crucial to being an expert Instagram-er and can honestly make a difference when it comes to gaining followers! You need funny Instagram bio ideas.
Yes, this is a thing that people actually think about. You only get once chance to describe yourself to potential new followers, might as well tell them a thing or two about yourself in the process.
So what are our ideas? Well, we have broken our best funny Instagram bio ideas into 4 categories, we will show you a few examples of each.
Here are the categories:
- Funny Quotes
- Emojis Say It All
- Clever Sayings
- Straight Facts
Everyone likes a good laugh, and in general people like funny people who aren’t afraid to poke fun at themselves every now and then. A funny quote used in an Instagram bio is a great way to describe yourself and your personality to followers. FML moments make for hilarious Instagram bios, also check out Pinterest for more suggestions if these ideas appeal to you. Let’s take a look at a few examples:
- “I walk around like everything is fine, but deep down inside my shoe, my sock is falling off.”
- “Why fall in love when you can fall asleep”
- “Only trust people who like big butts, they cannot lie”
- “You can’t make everybody happy, you aren’t a jar of Nutella.”
- “You say it’s Thursday, I say it’s Friday-eve”
- “If you fall, I’ll be there – Floor”
- “People who don’t know me think I’m quiet, people who know me wish I was.”
- “Taking naps is so childish, I prefer to call them horizontal life pauses.”
- “I followed my heart, it led me to the fridge.”
- “Namast’ay in bed”
- “No one’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed.”
- “I spend a lot of time opening the refrigerator door looking for answers.”
- “You can’t photoshop personality.”
- “I don’t look like this in real life.”
- “When life knocks me down, I usually lie there and take a nap.”
- “I didn’t lose a follower. A follower lost me.”
Emojis Say It All
This category is simple: use less words, use pictures (emoji pictures that is). Emojis are the easiest way to describe yourself and tell your followers what you like without actually having to say anything at all. Here are some examples of funny Instagram bio ideas using emojis! Note: we are just going to list the emoji, you will get the point quickly with this one. If you take this route when creating your own Instagram bio, feel free to use twenty emojis or just two, but be unique.
- coffee cup, puppy, airplane, Italian flag – this combination of emojis might tell someone that you are a coffee lover who has a dog, travels a lot and are either Italian or just love Italy.
- strawberry, red high heel, beach, wine glass – this combination of emojis might tell someone that you are a fan of sweet fruits (or as sweet as a strawberry), who is into fashion, loves the beach, and fancies a glass of wine at the end of the day.
- two parents/two kids, glasses, pen and pencil, tennis ball, peace sign, this combination of emojis might tell someone that you are married with two kids, you are a worker bee who spends time writing and playing tennis, but you are relaxed and enjoy life.
Utilizing a clever saying in an Instagram bio presents a great opportunity (for those of us who are deeper people) to incorporate a quote from a favorite book, movie, or figure. These are the sayings that you often have to read more than once to understand fully and may challenge a reader to think. If you are looking to generate some mystery and add a bit of a poetic nature to your profile, this method is probably for you. Here are a few examples:
- “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.”
- “Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world, today I am wise so I am changing myself.”
- “I think, therefore I’ve had my coffee.”
- “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.”
- “It takes nothing to join the crowd, it takes everything to stand alone.”
- “Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect, it means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.”
- “Weak people revenge, strong people forgive, intelligent people ignore.”
- “All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips.”
- “When ‘I’ is replaced by ‘we,’ even illness becomes wellness.”
- “Bad decisions make for the best stories.”
- “Living vicariously through myself.”
- “Life is too short. Don’t waste it reading my Instagram bio.”
- “Trying to elevate small talk to medium talk.”
- “Recovering ice cream addict”
The last category on our list of funny Instagram bio ideas is straight facts, which is basically exactly what it sounds like. A new way that Instagram users are describing themselves is by creating a short list of individual words, often separated by a period. Examples of “straight facts” Instagram bios may look something like this:
- “Reader. Writer. Occasional Exerciser. Tea is everything. Sleep is optional.”
- “Avocado everything. Greys Anatomy is life. Cats. Wine wine wine.”
- “Three kids. Two dogs. One job. Loving wife and mother trying to keep it all together.”
- “NYC. Irish. Blogger. Foodie.”
- “Giants fan. Math Nerd. Professional pizza eater.”
- “World traveler. Part time baker. Outdoor enthusiast. Alter ego: Olivia Pope.”
- “Insert college. Sorority. Etc.”
- “Born and raised in Jersey. BEC eater. Beach bum.”
- “Gossip Girl & One Tree Hill obsessed. Netflix is my only cardio.”
You get the idea, these facts can be short and to the point, tell the people who you are, no one can do that better than you can.
That concludes our list of creative and funny Instagram bio ideas. We hope you are inspired to jazz up your own Instagram bio! Let us know what you think, comment below!