Updated as of December, 18 2017.
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a caption was coming, not even a hashtag. If you’re blanking on what to say for your Christmas Eve captions on Instagram, here are some ideas:
The Best Christmas Eve Captions for Instagram:
Elf Movie Quotes:
- I just like to smile. Smiling’s my favorite.
- Santa! Oh, my God! Santa’s coming! I know him! I know him!
- We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
- The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!
- You have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card.
- Do you want to eat food? You know, the code.
- What’s a Christmas gram, I want one!
- I like to whisper too!
- Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?
- You’re a cotton headed ninny muggins
Christmas Carol Captions:
- Fill your hearts with Christmas cheer, ’cause Santa Claus comes tonight.
- Christmas Eve will find me, Where the love light gleams, I’ll be home for Christmas, If only in my dreams.
- Follow me in merry measure, Fa la la la la la la la!
- Joy to the world!
- Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh
- Rocking around the Christmas tree in the Christmas party house!
- And a partridge in a pear tree.
- Better be good for goodness sake!
- Gonna find out who’s naughty or nice.
- Tis the season to be jolly!
- All I want for Christmas, is you!
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse
- He sees you when you’re sleeping, he knows when you’re awake
- All I want for Christmas is youuuuuu
Religious Christmas Carol Captions:
- Sleep in heavenly peace.
- Hang your stockings and say a prayer, ’cause Santa Claus comes tonight.
- For Christ is born of Mary, And gathered all above, While mortals sleep, the angels keep, Their watch of wondering love.
- Oh come let us adore him, oh come let us adore him
- A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
- O night divine!
Funny Christmas Eve Captions:
- The one night I’m looking forward to morning.
- Only a morning person on December 25th.
- Leading up to the worst night’s sleep all year.
- Milk ✓, Cookies ✓, Instagram ✓
- Naughty or nice? More like naughty and/or nice depending on the day.
- The reason Santa has a naughty list.
- Maybe we should all celebrate the eve of our birthday?!
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. So I better get started now.
- How’d you sleep? Great! I got a full 40 minutes.
- Tomorrow’s Christmas, it’s practically here! (Grinch)
- Fahoo Fores Dahoo Dores, Welcome Christmas, Christmas day
- Bumbles bounce!
- It is socially acceptable to let my siblings wear the same PJ’s as me tonight.
- That’s a wrap!
- I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus!
- Where’s the mistletoe at?
- Made my list and checked it twice!
- The Santa Baby song makes so much more sense now…
- Why is Rudolph the only reindeer who doesn’t have a stripper name?
- Wrap Queen/King
- It’s beginning to cost a lot like Christmas
- Christmas is so close, I can almost smell the mistletoe I’m not going to be kissed under
- Don’t mind me, I’ll just be over here crying, crafting & watching hallmark Christmas movies
Punny Christmas Captions:
- Grinch Don’t Kill My Vibe
- Jolliest B!tch
- Happy Holla Days
- I do it for the Ho’s
- I got ho ho ho’s in different area codes
- Let’s Get Blitzened
- What the Elf?!
- You had me at ho ho ho
- Drink up grinches
- But first, let me take an elfie
- It’s the most wonderful time for a beer
- Santa, stop here. We have cookies.
- It’s all fun and games ’till Santa checks the naughty list
- Dear Santa, before we begin – how much do you know already? Never mind, I’ll sort out my own gifts
- Do Santa’s cookies pair well with white wine? Asking for a friend.
- Dear Santa, I can explain…
- Santa saw your Instagram pictures…you’re getting clothes and a bible for Christmas
- Dear Santa, this year please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body. Please don’t mix those two up like you did last year. Thanks.
- Be naughty, save Santa the trip
Cute Christmas Eve Captions:
- Jingle all the way, and all that jazz
- Wishing you and yours a holly jolly Christmas!
- About to settle down for a long winter’s nap. See you in the morning!
- Hanging it up for the night. Merry Christmas everyone!
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters, it’s who’s gathered around it
- The calm before the storm
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas
- Christmas is not as much opening presents as it is opening our hearts
Need more inspiration?! We’ve got you covered! Check out our other Christmas Captions Ideas blog, here.